Friday, September 30, 2011

Cooling Off ~

Oh boy,
it's happening again !
every year, when the weather starts cooling off and the leaves start showing their beautiful colors ~
I get the urge to dig into my mountains of wool and play :)


I don't hook much, but when the urge strikes...
watch out!

here are some snaps of just a small sampling of my collection
of hooked rugs from talented friends
~~~~~~~~~~
I LOVE the circular hit-or-miss background on this rug that hangs in my breakfast nook:
it was hooked by ~
Kathy Clark of Briarwood Folk Art

this sweet pumpkin/crow rug in a great tombstone shape was hooked by
Sandi of Old Crow Primitives


the beautiful rugs below, were hooked by the talented hands of
Sherry Kristoff


the festive rug below was hooked by me ~
a joy to hook!
it is a pattern from
Woolen Willow


...this rug, below is such an original that I had to have it...
it depicts a crow in a witch hat with candy-corn (my fav!)
I cannot remember for the life of me who hooked it
(I'm sorry!)
if you did, or know who did PLEASE email me?


and below,
are two tiny mats hooked by
Bonnie Stahl...
she is by far my favorite hooker/designer
...and I wish I could afford more of her rugs!



SO ~
I am going to put marker to linen, linen on frame and hook to wool and hook something.
I'll let you see my progress as I go!


blessings from the farm,

Lori

7 comments:

tj said...

...What a lovely collection! I can't see the one you hooked by Woolen Willow, it is too dark, but the rest are wonderful! I am a hooker too - rug hooker that is, and sadly I don't have any other hooker's works, just my own. I basically do it for my own enjoyment and my own home and like you, when temps start to fall I long for the comfort of my woolens. :o)

...I love Bonnie Stahl's works and have you ever seen Annie Hayes rugs? Gorgeous & oh so prim'!

...Enjoy your day and blessings too :o)

primitivebettys said...

This is a GREAT collection! Wonderful! I know what you mean too... I want to pull some loops too.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Those are some amazing rug, Lori - I especially love the crow in the witch's hat and Bonnie's October cats....Now you've got me wanting to play in wool!! Have fun....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

from me to thee......... said...

wow, you have a wonderful collection of hooked rugs, just beautiful!!!!

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwww you really have very lovely precious collection of hooked rugs..i love it..
hugs xx

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Thanks for the rug show. I am lucky to own a couple of Bonnie's small rugs, too :)
Hugs :)
Lauren

Cindy said...

What an awesome collection!
Hmm...some inspiration to finish the hooking project I started so long ago?
Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your day of hooking!!