Monday, August 22, 2011

Singing Donkeys?



Every morning when I go out to the barn
I am greeted by this duo ~

it never fails...when they hear the slam of the back porch screen door,
they start their routine ~

they whinny, whine & harmonize
with each other,
singing me their Starving Donkey songs...

a carrot or two, some sweet molasses feed
and a flake of fresh hay later,
I get this:
a kiss from Pinnochio ~
*mmmmmwha!*

so I am charting a new sampler,
called
"Singing Donkeys"


{{oh, yes...I did mention about Dancing Sheep in my last post...
no worries, I would never forget them ~
they will have their own sampler designed just for them}}

(more on that to come...)

it's Open House at school today,
Hannah will get her schedule and we will pay our fees for books & things...
only one more day till she's in her last year of high school!

don't blink....
it really does go by that fast ~

Wishing you all a fantastic day filled with those who love you most!

Blessings from the Farm...
Lori

12 comments:

iamthewalrus said...

Kiss them on the nose for me. They are too sweet.

tj said...

...Okay, we need a video of 'em singing please. ;o)

...I love donkeys and those two are precious!

...Enjoy your day!

...Blessings :o)

Prims By The Water said...

What cuties!!!My cat talks to me in the morning before I feed him too...Cannot wait to see your sampler. Take care, Janice

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Lori
What cuties, I can hear them whinny, sure look spoiled~ giggles~ Kiss back to Pinnochio~
Wish Hannah luck~
smiles
Teresa

Penny said...

When I help with my daughter's horses I get the same thing. I don't get rewarded with a kiss though-usually just a face full of dust. Looking forward to "Singing Donkeys"-sounds very unique.

Tina said...

Can't wait to see it, I do have a thing for donkeys. :)

cucki said...

aww they are so cute..kisses for them xx

susiedele said...

I love it when you post about your donkeys. They're just the cutest couple ever. Wish I could hear that donkey serenade.
;o) Susie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Those two are so stinkin' cute I can't stand it!! (But you know, the little one does look a little starved! ;o) JUST KIDDING!) Those samplers are gonna be irresistible - I just know it!! Good luck with registration!! Smiles & Hugs & Donkey Kisses ~ Robin

Jackie Myers said...

Those two are Adorable , how lucky you are to have them ! I love seeing your animal pictures !

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Those donkeys are so cute!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Cindy said...

They are too cute! Ours or should I say the neighbors donkey that has just lived with us for the past 5 years, is SO sweet...and loves the camera!
Good luck to Hannah and her senior year! It does go all too quickly!