Tuesday, January 19, 2010

{ Playing Hook-y }

Last Wednesday, January 13th...
I had the pleasure of hooking with my friend
Pat Cross
{author: Purely Primitive, Simply Primitive}
and her band of Merry Hookers known as the
Blue Ridge Rug Hookers
...in Charlottesville, VA
Felicia, Robin & I had the best time!!!
SO much eye candy and knowledge in one room!
there were about 18 of us, if I remember correctly!
Thank you Pat, and we will be there agin next month!!!
{WITH OUR NAME TAGS!!!!}
Below is a picture of the rug I was working on that day,
and finally had time to finish & block it last night...
it is a design by Mad Hen Primitives
with Notforgotten Farm 'touches'...
It will be available for sale at the Winter in the Valley Show on Feb. 6th.

and I wanted to show you this:

I picked up this little notebook for 1/2 price at B&N last weekend...
the cover reminds me of paisley...

I've turned it into my Rug Hooking Journal,
where I paste pictures of inspirational rugs,
doodles, sketches, dye recipes, other hooking friend's info, classes,
shop info, etc...

...like many of you, I have TOO MANY hooking-related magazines
taking up space that could be better used...
(um...to store WOOL of course)
so I cut out the photos & features that I like the best & recycle the rest of the mags!!!

Do any of you keep a needlework or hooking journal?

It is beautiful here today...
but alas, I am in the shop working...
packaging orders that came in over the weekend
and then off to the bank & PO...

THEN to a Dr.'s appt. for a nagging ringing that I have aquired in my right ear.
it actually keeps me up or wakes me up at night & is driving me crazy!
during the day, with all the daily background noise, I can hardly hear it
...but in the quite nightfall, it rears it's ugly, ringing head & keeps me awake!

Could it be from all of the Rock concerts I attended in my crazy youth?
{100's of them, as we lived near a stadium!!}
or perhaps it's from the whine of the Dental drill
which filled my ears for 13+ years straight
when I was Dental Assisting?

Hmmm...probably a little of both me thinks.
I'll keep you posted.

Wishing you all a BEAUTIFUL day in this January Thaw we seem to be having!
Blessed be,

Lori

11 comments:

Mouse Droppings Folk Art said...

You should design a rug hooking journal for us journal challenged folks...lov your drawing! Susan

Margo said...

Hope you find out something about the ringing in your ear. I have had it for years...and the DR's tell me 'it is in my head'! DUH.....Mine I'm sure is caused from being in the pits too much with roaring race cars!

janeu729 said...

Love your rooster rug, Lori!
I've kept a stitchery journal ever since I started punching/hooking with you in 2007. I have photos of most everything, too. Very clever title for your journal!
Hope you can find relief for your ear.
Hugs.....

Catherine said...

Lovely rug! And, I really like that journal. I have something similar, but it needs updating.

I do hope they figure out what is going on with your ears - how annoying that must be!

Warm Autumn Wishes said...

Oh, Ive been yearning all winter to learn how to do this....can you direct me to a site or help me?

grandma peden's porch said...

OH YOUR RUG IS AWESOME I LOVE THE COLORS!!! AND THE JOURNAL YES I,VE BEEN DOODLING AND WRITING DOWN QOUTES FOR MANY YEARS. I HAVE JOURNAL'S EVERYWHERE I NEVER KNOW WHEN I MIGHT BE INSPIRED. MARILYN

primitivebettys said...

What a fun rug! I love the idea of a hooking journal too. Thank you for the inspiration!

I hope your ear ringing stops & turns out to be nothing serious. Wishes for healing being sent your way my friend.

VickieV said...

Love the rooster rug! The colors are awesome. That ringing in your ears could be tinnitus or tinnitis. I've seen it spelled both ways. My Mother had it for a while. Hope you get relief from it soon!

janeu729 said...

P.S. I just talked to Robin...I'd love to go to C-ville sometime to hook with you!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

INSPIRING AND LOVELY POST... YOU COULD ALWAYS DO A COMPLETE LINE OF "PAPERY" IN YOUR SPARE TIME THEN WE COULD ALL PURCHASE THE PERFECT JOURNALS, & DIARIES..FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!! (~: XXX....B

VickieV said...

Lori, I heard a commercial on the radio about a product called "Quietus" that's for the relief of tinnitus.