Friday, November 13, 2009

{ a bit of a change in plans....}

{December Sheep (C) Notforgotten Farm}


Hi Folks...
I was talking with my Mom last night,
and we were discussing a memorial service for my sister Jo...

she wanted to be cremated, so we abided by her wishes...
she didn't want a funeral, so we again, went along with her wishes...

but, we feel that we should hold a memorial service for her, and invite friends and family.
not a sad event, mind you, but a time to remember Jo
when she was a healthy young woman, full of life and spunk....to celebrate her life.

with her passing on October 30th,
and now the holidays rolling closer and closer,
time is of the essence....
as we don't feel we should wait any longer to have this memorial.

we tried to think of a good date,
and really couldn't come up with anything
other than December 5th,
as we surely didn't want to have it coincide
with people's plans for the holidays, and perhaps travels....

but there's one small detail...
December 5th was the date that I was going to hold our annual
Holiday Open House
here in the shop....

So I've chosen to sacrifice the date, close the shop,
cancel the open house and instead,
head up to Connecticut to
remember my sister with our family & friends.

I'm hoping that you will all understand,
and please know that the shop will be decorated & open for you
every friday and saturday in December, starting on December 12th ~
...and remember, this sunday, November 16th at 6:00pm (est)
I will have my picturetrail Holiday Update for finished goodes,
so you can still "virtually" visit with me!

Thanks, all~
for being so sweet & kind with your words and sympathy cards...
My Glory is I have such Friends.

Peace & Plenty be Yours...
Lori

9 comments:

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Peace and love be with you and your family during this time.

Jennifer
North Ga.

basketsnprims said...

What a wonderful gesture, Lori. A gathering of friends and family to remember the good & special times. God Bless. Love that sheep by the way.
hugs,
Pam

Kathy said...

Whatever date you choose is fine. Those who don't understand don't matter. I will be thinking of you since that weekend will be the first anniversary (Dec. 6th) of my Moms passing.

God Bless and take care.

Catherine said...

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this time.

janeu729 said...

Of course the memorial for Jo should be your first priority. We'll all come to see you another time. Maybe you could have a New Year's open house to start the new decade!
Hope the service brings your family comfort and peace.
Hugs....

ctlogcabin said...

Lori ~~
What a wonderful way to honor your sister...may you all find peace and comfort as you celebrate Jo's life surrounded by family and friends.
Hugs ~~ Connie xox

Gail said...

My thoughts are with you.

Sherry )O( AutumnTurtle said...

Lori, I think that is a wonderful idea! If people don't understand that is their issue.
Bright Blessings to you all my friend!

Lana Manis said...

Thought and prayers for you and your family Lori.