Tuesday, August 11, 2009

THERE you are....


Oh what a difference REAL glasses make!!!

(exept for the fact that I'm tripping over things that aren't really there,
and stepping waaaaay up and over little things like thread on the floor...)

...these are progressive bi-focals and wowzers...I feel like I'm in a weird bubble!

Oh I am a MOVIE STAR in my new spectacles...
aren't they purty?
(that's my Hollywood/Famous/Cheesey smile)

They're perfect...
and they darken in the sunshine
so I don't have to fumble with sunglasses.

AWESOME.

it will take me a little getting used to,
I still am trying to peer over the tops of them, and
am definitely not used to seeing things so clearly...

(my, is this old farmhouse DUSTY!)
anyhoo, I'm thrilled...
the computer screen is SO much sharper now...YAY!
that means MORE CROSS STITCH patterns!!! woohoo!
(working on Christmas as we speak btw)

~AND~
LOOKie at this most awesome cupboard that I found!
it's grubby and grungy and painted black and beautiful!!


it had a tag on it for 99.00 so it came home with me!

I'm either gonna put it here in the shop, or perhaps next to my chair in the den in the house...I have stuff all over the den, and this little cupboard would help me corral it in some.


It is as HOT as BLUE BLAZES here.
we've been in the high 90's for the past 2 days,
and by the afternoon/early eve, you just can't go outside...

so, if you're having weather like us, please please make sure to
drink plenty of water, take care of your plants and animals...and just go easy.

Blessed be, Friends~
Lori

11 comments:

JoJo said...

Lori, I love your new cabinet. I have lots of stuff I could store in there myself. And you look cute in your new glasses. I've got the no-line bifocals too with the Transitions lenses....love 'em. But I don't know what it is about new glasses that I always feel like I'm walking uphill and that there's a step in front of me. The last time we got new glasses, we made the mistake of going shopping. I got so nauseous from the new lenses that I ended up sitting in Penney's shoe department and crying.

Cathy G. said...

Lori,
Great choice on those frames! You look fabulous! Aren't transition lenses wonderful? Worth the extra money! Take care in the heat down there and will look forward to more (wonderful "detailed" patterns! Cathy g

Katy said...

Oh, I love your new glasses! They look fantastic on you!!! (and you have such beautiful teeth too!)

And...oh that cupboard...that is FANTASTIC!! What a great find! :)

Natasha said...

the glasses look great.

Yes it has been in the 90's here. but not for long by friday we are back in the 80's I am gonna park myself by the pool for a few hours.
Take Care

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Oh Lori, you look maaavelous! Hope your eyes are less strained now. Love your cupboard. Keep cool!

Unknown said...

Your comment about stepping HIGH over thread on the floor just made me laugh! I remember when I used to wear progressive lenses and get a new pair. Once right before a trip to Phoenix and the cave dwellings in the mountains - very fun going up and down all those steps! LOLOLOL Thanks for the laugh.

janeu729 said...

You look great in your new specs! I'm beginning to think you have a built-in cool stuff radar system - neat cupboard!

Stay nicely chilled,
Jane

Sweet Sue said...

Very fetching, happy to hear you took the visual plunge:) Sweet Stitchin...

Pots 'n Prims said...

You did a GREAT job picking out frames with dilated pupils!! They look wonderful! :)
And the cupboard..what a deal! Love it!!
Good luck getting used to the new "view"!
~lisa

William Bezek said...

Very Glamorous Specs!

Apryl said...

Great new glasses! I love the little crystals at the edges (very stylin'!) Glad to hear all's well that ends well - have enjoyed reading your optician stories :-)