Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cookin' up good things!!


Hi Folks!
an absolutely beautiful day here on the farm...
...clear blue skies, crunchy leaves underfoot.

I put a nice big pot of Beef Stew on the woodstove this morning,
...the old farmhouse smells heavenly!

Here's my recipe for a really good, stick-to-your-ribs, old fashioned

Beef Stew

3 cups cut-up or cubed beef
(I prefer cubed sirloin)

2 cups diced carrots

2 cups diced yellow onion

2 cups diced potato

2 cups diced celery

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 teaspoon rubbed sage

salt and pepper to taste

4 cups water

2 cups red wine
(wine is optional, but it sure does tenderize the beef)
1/2 cup flour

2 tablespoons butter (melted)

add all ingredients (except flour and butter)
into a nice sized pot with tight fitting led...

in a seperate pan, melt butter, then stir in flour SLOWLY...
cook till bubbly, then pour flour mixture into pot along with other ingredients...

put lid on pot and cook over medium heat for a couple of hours,
stirring occasionally...
check to see that meat is cooked and tender before serving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once your belly is full, go have a seat in your favorite chair and resume stitching.


xxxXXXxxxXXXxxxXXXxxx


I'm working on a new book, of sorts, this one will be a larger format book, and will be filled with photos of the farmhouse and shop...it will be a book on primitive pockets and sewing needfuls, with color photos of each project plus the patterns,...I'm diligently working on the projects, and hope to have the book ready to be released by early November...

the name of the book is:

Pocketful of Primitive

not sure how many projects will be in there...
but i promise you that they are all
simply and beautifully primitive...

Well, I'm off to get Hannah off her bus, get back to my stitchin'
and a nice big bowl of steaming Beef Stew!!!


~~~Enjoy this beautiful Autumn day~~~

Blessed be,

Lori

5 comments:

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Mmm, your beef stew sounds wonderful right about now. I'm sitting here wondering what to have for dinner myself. Your new books sounds wonderful too!
If you stop by my blog, I've left a little something for you..
I enjoy reading your blog.

Cindy said...

The stew sounds wonderful....a little different than what I usually make! I think I'll give this a try....including the red wine....that will sure shock the family! I bought beer for a beer batter bread back at Christmas time and I thought they were going to keel over! Do you have a favorite that you use?
Looking forward to seeing the new book! Sounds like a "cindy-must-have"!!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

MY VERY FAVORITE, AND THE FIRST NOTFORGOTTEN BOOK I BOUGHT IS "JUST PLAIN FOLK"... LOVE THE SWEET PAPERY COVER, THE DRAWINGS AND ALL THE REST OF IT... I LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEW BOOK...

janeu729 said...

I think the new book sounds like a MUST HAVE, too! I lvoe the title.
Jane

Unknown said...

Can't wait to get my hands on your new book.
The stew sound wonderful, especially on a day like today. Rainy and cold.
Today is open hooking so I will be at the shop all day, maybe I can get my husband to make it.

katie
primitive woolen